St. Brigid’s Primary School was opened in 1902 by the Presentation Sisters at the request of Bishop Gibney and the fledgling Catholic Community.
From 1902 to 1955 St. Brigid’s catered for both boys and girls from infants [Year 1] to Leaving [Year 12]. Prior to the establishment of a senior school in Collie the sisters taught students in Years 11 and 12. In addition to the day school a night school was established for adults of any age who wished to be trained for various trades and professions.
In 1955 after the completion of St Edmund's College, boys completed their schooling at St Brigid's and were enrolled at St Edmund's College from year 4 onwards, while the girls remained at St Brigid's School.
In 1997 following integration with St Edmunds College, the school became a fully co-educational primary school, while St Edmund's became junior high school.
In 1994, St Brigid's School amalgamated with St Edmunds College to form Collie Catholic College - St. Brigid’s Campus, catering for girls and boys from Kindergarten to Year 6.
The year 2001 saw the Year 7 children moved back to St Brigid's campus and on the 1st of January 2003 we were officially renamed ST BRIGID'S SCHOOL and we relocated to our new site Tuesday 28th October 2003.
Please click the "play" Button below to view a photostory of some before and after shots of the school during our refurbishment and move from the old campus.
St. Edmund’s College was opened in 1955 by the Christian Brothers in response to an invitation by the Archbishop of Perth, Reverend Dr Redmond Prendiville to establish a school for boys in Collie.
In the beginning, boys from Year 4 to Year 10 were enrolled, however, in 1977 following integration with St. Brigid’s Convent School, the College became a fully co-educational junior high school.
In 1994 St. Edmund’s College amalgamated with St. Brigid’s Primary School to form Collie Catholic College - St Edmund's Campus.
St. Edmund’s Campus catered for students from Year 7 to Year 12. An upper school course, with an emphasis on Vocational education and training was introduced in 1998.
Due to the lack in numbers St Edmund's Campus closed its door 31st December 2000.
The children still interested in continuing their education through the Catholic system were enrolled at Bunbury Catholic College while the remainder went to the Collie High School.